Re: [Gimp-developer] non-destructive editing and adjustment layers

Also, is it true that real 16/32-bit channel support is only achievable
when all functions are ported to GEGL?  The current git master allows you
to create a new image with 32-bit gamma integer or float channel.  However
internally, will some legacy functions not yet ported to GEGL discards the
32-bit to the old 8-bit?

What kind of legacy functions would those be?

So in another word: do you mean that gimp git master already has full
support of 32-bit color channels, and there is nothing inside gimp
that silently discards the details of the 32-bit data?  If so, then we
have already removed the first obstacle for migration to gimp - 8-bit
channel :)

Then how far is the current git master from the state of full-porting to GEGL?

I hope you are not asking for an ETA, because we have none :)

As far as I can tell, most work on rewrite of internals is done. But
more plug-ins have to be ported, and, I imagine, there are still
cleanups to be made here and there.

So do you mean that the GIMP internal is already running on GEGL, but
there are some plugins that have not been migrated to GEGL yet?  If
so, where can one find the list of plugins that have not yet migrated
to GEGL?

And what kind of work is required for the adjustment layer function?
Does it really need to wait for the complete migration of every plugin
to GEGL?  And is there already a branch in git for WIP of the
adjustment layer?  If so, I am keen to have a look :)