Re: [Gimp-developer] non-destructive editing and adjustment layers

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Guillermo Espertino (Gez)
<gespertino gmail com> wrote:
El 01/09/13 17:22, kcleung users sourceforge net escribió:

Okay..... so do you mean that any non-GEGL plugins or filters should
be treated as not 32-bit compatible and is therefore capable of
silently clipping data?

What Alexandre is saying is that you won't have to worry about it when 2.10
is out, because that version won't be released until the rest of the legacy
stuff is ported to GEGL.
Due to the lack of manpower, using developers time to address something that
is only relevant during development is a waste of time and efforts.
If you're using 2.9 you should know that you are using a development version
and things aren't ready yet.
You asked and your answers were replied. You have a list of plugins that
aren't ported to GEGL yet, you know the effect, you know how to tell if they
are/aren't ported and you know that the legacy plugins won't stay like that
whenever GIMP 2.10 is released.
Do you still think developers should use their time to code warnings about
it?

Thanks for the clarification........ so if I were to use the trunk and
process files that have color channels larger than 8 bits, then I will
stick to GEGL plugins :)

I will now start looking at the code structure, and the non-GEGL list
list to see what I can do......