Re: [Gimp-developer] non-destructive editing and adjustment layers

On 1 September 2013 05:56,  <kcleung users sourceforge net> wrote:

I mean that whenever a plugin is used on an image with the channel
size larger than the plugin can support, gimp should output a warning
message about loss of precision.  So I guess would adding a simple
check like this involve much much less work than the porting of a
plugin to GEGL?

GEGLIfied Plug-ins have an ostensive "G" icon next to their menu entries-
if you are taking care not ot use legacy plug-in it is easy not to
pick tehn by mistake.

Also, GEGLfied plug-ins make their preview staright on Canvas, just
like GIMP's itnernal tools -
if you open a plug-in dialog with a built-in preview - or simply no
preview on canvas, there is time
to cancel.

Other than that, there is no automated warning;

  js
 -><-