Re: [Gimp-developer] segmentation fault when trying to replace deprecated functions in lcms.c

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 14:47 -0400, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Guillermo Espertino (Gez) <
> gespertino gmail com> wrote:
>
> >  El 19/09/12 10:43, Christopher Curtis escribió:
> >
> >  Wouldn't it be better to keep the mainline in a near-releasable state
> > rather than letting things bit-rot in master, causing 3-year intervals
> > between releases?
> >
> > Moving it to master could mean that mode developers and contributors
> > realize its importance and they won't let it bitrot.
> >

> Well, as I haven't contributed code I'll step out after this comment, but I
> don't think that merging something that breaks common work flows, seriously
> degrades performance, and causes segmentation faults belongs in master.

What makes you think we would merge something to master that would
definitely crash? We do use some common sense while we sit on our
fat asses and do nothing while the world waits for the next release.

--mitch