Re: [Gimp-developer] segmentation fault when trying to replace deprecated functions in lcms.c

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Guillermo Espertino (Gez) <gespertino gmail com> wrote:
El 19/09/12 10:43, Christopher Curtis escribió:
Wouldn't it be better to keep the mainline in a near-releasable state rather than letting things bit-rot in master, causing 3-year intervals between releases?
Moving it to master could mean that mode developers and contributors realize its importance and they won't let it bitrot.

Well, as I haven't contributed code I'll step out after this comment, but I don't think that merging something that breaks common work flows, seriously degrades performance, and causes segmentation faults belongs in master.

I agree color management is important but it's not worth derailing other developers just because it's on some list. Breaking master is a good way to drive away new developers, and there's nothing wrong with working on branches until some feature "basically works" and just needs integration touch-up and fine-tuning.

Perhaps some people think this has reached that point, but it does not seem that the person working on it thinks so, and I would put a lot more value on her opinion and ability to request it be merged.

Chris