Re: [Gimp-developer] segmentation fault when trying to replace deprecated functions in lcms.c

Hi, Mitch, All,

Two related questions:

1. Deprecated functions:
I managed to replace the deprecated functions in
'lcms_image_transform_rgb', which sets up the ICC profile transform.
But I'm having a lot of trouble with 'lcms_drawable_transform', which
actually performs the ICC profile conversion.

You can find my failed efforts to replace the deprecated functions here:
http://ninedegreesbelow/temp/gimp-lcms-deprecated.html

I am clueless as to how to make any further progress. Any insight
would be more than welcome.

2. The whole image, tile by tile, or line by line:
According to the lcms2 documentation, cmsDoTransform can transform the
entire image all at once, or tile by tile, or line by line. Also,
apparently the Windows OS needs cmsDoTransform to happen line by line.
But the existing Gimp lcms.c plug-in transforms by tiles. Is the
current Windows version of Gimp capable of doing ICC profile
conversions?

I couldn't get "the whole image at once" or "line by line" to work. I
haven't tried "tile by tile" because I don't understand how tiles
work. "line by line" makes sense to me, and might make it easier to
port the lcms.c plug-in code to Windows.

Elle Stone