Re: [Gimp-developer] segmentation fault when trying to replace deprecated functions in lcms.c

On 19 September 2012 16:10, Elle Stone <l elle stone gmail com> wrote:
> My lcms.c high bit depth profile conversion code still some major
> issues to iron out, including:
>
> *I haven't rewritten to use nondeprecated functions the code section
> that takes care of alpha channels.
>
> *The show-stopper: the code still doesn't work correctly at high bit
> depths unless some/all of the Babl functions that convert back and
> forth between the sRGB TRC and linear gamma TRC are modified to stop
> the back-and-forth conversion. Otherwise, as I've noted before,
> tonality AND color are wrong after the profile conversion.
> Unfortunately, replacing the deprecated functions didn't fix this
> problem.
>
> The problem seems to be that when doing an ICC profile conversion on
> an image with a bit-depth greater than 8 bits, a couple of functions
> in babl/base/model-rgb.c are called midway through the ICC profile
> conversion. These functions are not called when converting an 8-bit
> image. I haven't been able to track down what bit of Gimp/Babl code
> calls the functions in model-rgb.c while the ICC profile conversion is
> in progress.
>
> Elle

Hi Elle, glad to see you are still working on this.
Could you provide a patch with your changes? This makes it easy for
others to review your changes and apply them.

The easiest way (unless you've added files) to make a plain patch is
to do the following in the GIMP git directory:
git diff origin/master > geglify-lcms-plugin.patch

For more info on git usage, including how to make a git-formatted
patch see for instance:
http://git-scm.com/book

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com