Re: [Gimp-developer] segmentation fault when trying to replace deprecated functions in lcms.c

My lcms.c high bit depth profile conversion code still some major
issues to iron out, including:

*I haven't rewritten to use nondeprecated functions the code section
that takes care of alpha channels.

*The show-stopper: the code still doesn't work correctly at high bit
depths unless some/all of the Babl functions that convert back and
forth between the sRGB TRC and linear gamma TRC are modified to stop
the back-and-forth conversion. Otherwise, as I've noted before,
tonality AND color are wrong after the profile conversion.
Unfortunately, replacing the deprecated functions didn't fix this
problem.

The problem seems to be that when doing an ICC profile conversion on
an image with a bit-depth greater than 8 bits, a couple of functions
in babl/base/model-rgb.c are called midway through the ICC profile
conversion. These functions are not called when converting an 8-bit
image. I haven't been able to track down what bit of Gimp/Babl code
calls the functions in model-rgb.c while the ICC profile conversion is
in progress.

Elle