Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> Perhaps you came late to the discussion. Several team members
>> including myself already mentioned before that we had observed
>> professionals liking the change and not quite understanding what all
>> this fuzz is about. You will find it difficult to explain how this was
>> a figment of our imagination. Perhaps you could start with studying
>> _actual_ response from the "day to day use" world?
>
> It's tangential to the reason I commented on this list.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but that was my reply to a different
person. There are more than two people participating in this
discussion.

> But you can't keep on saying "it's because of data loss"
> when this reason doesn't seem to stack up.

I don't keep saying that. It's more than just data loss. It's workflow.

Seriously, you've been into this discussion long enough. Surely you've
already read both
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Save_%2B_export_specification and
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Vision_briefing to understand the
intentions.