Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> That's exactly what GIMP <=2.6 did (at least from a user perspective).
> If you tried to save an image containing layers as a JPEG file, it
> warned you that it couldn't save the layers, and prompted for what to
> do.  That was perfectly workable.

I don't know if you read the *-users@ list, but "the perfectly
workable" solution has just bit yet another user in the butt.

There are people, like yourself, who think it's workable.
There are people who absolutely hate annoying "I'm a stupid software,
tell me what to do" dialogs .

None of them hold the ultimate knowledge of what's right and what's wrong.

People who think they know what they need every single second of their
lives are welcome to use Krita. People who don't mind a bit of
assistance in decision-making are welcome to stick to GIMP.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org