Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Perhaps you came late to the discussion. Several team members
> including myself already mentioned before that we had observed
> professionals liking the change and not quite understanding what all
> this fuzz is about. You will find it difficult to explain how this was
> a figment of our imagination. Perhaps you could start with studying
> _actual_ response from the "day to day use" world?

It's tangential to the reason I commented on this list. There
may or may not be good reasons for the change in Gimp, and some
users may or may not cope with or even like the new workflow.
But you can't keep on saying "it's because of data loss"
when this reason doesn't seem to stack up.
It's clearly possible to avoid inadvertent data loss while still
keeping a conventional and familiar open/edit/save workflow,
and without nagging users with unnecessary dialogs.

Graeme Gill.