Re: [Gimp-developer] Overlay Mode - fix.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM, yahvuu <yahvuu gmail com> wrote:
> Am 14.11.2012 19:00, schrieb Guillermo Espertino (Gez):
>> b) support applications that still use blending in non-linear space. Web
>> browsers, for instance.
>
> how much support for 'web type' blending modes does GIMP really need?
>
> GIMP is not a HTML editor, this has been clearly pointed out in [1].
> The focus is rather on creating bitmaps for web use. But does this imply
> a verbatim preview of how the bitmaps would be rendered in multi-layered
> html pages?
>
> If it is just for judging how far a alpha-based drop shadow will reach, probably
> a preview during export-for-web would be sufficient.

I think most use cases that needs sRGB based compositing, for web
preview purposes etc. will be covered by offering just "normal" with
non-linear compositing, the rest of the legacy modes could be more or
less fully hidden from the UI when creating new projects.

/Ø