Re: [Gimp-developer] Overlay Mode - fix.

Alexandre Prokoudine (alexandre prokoudine gmail com) wrote:
> I would suggest to detect XCF version and for files with legacy
> blending modes rename the mode to "Legacy Overlay" and suggest
> resaving, while using just "Overlay" for all new files.

There is no need to fiddle around with the XCF version. The layer mode
basically is an enum. We simply keep the old enum value (and the "buggy"
legacy overlay implementation) around and assign a new one to the fixed
"Overlay". Then we hide the "Legacy Overlay" in the menu (unless it is
used).

This however needs to be done. Just exchanging the math in the overlay
operation won't cut it.

Bye,
        Simon
--