Re: [Gimp-developer] feature: Set exclusive layer visibility within groups

> Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 20:15:54 +0200
> From: gfx user online de
> To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] feature: Set exclusive layer visibility within groups
>
> Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> > Ok -
> > we it can be seen that there are a couple of desired/needed visibility
> > features when group layers are in the mix.
> >
> > Since any native changes to existing behavior could only come in gimp
> > 2.10 (and only them we would have the feedback of lots o people just
> > as we are having now with 2.8) - this is what could be done now:
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Specs/Visibility
> >
> This is a good idea and I hope Richard and Peter agree, too.
>
> Best regards,
>
> grafxuser
> gimp-developer-list mailing list
> gimp-developer-list gnome org

I have always held some criticism for the dearth of even minor features/enhancements in a given branch, but that aside, yes I agree.

Now if all that's needed to contribute is registering on the wiki (how many GIMP wikis are there, btw?), I can at least give that page a copypasta of the suggested logic, maybe even some mockup illustrations.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com