Re: [Gimp-developer] feature: Set exclusive layer visibility within groups

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
Ok -
we it can be seen that there are a couple of desired/needed visibility
features when
group layers are in the mix.

Since any native changes to existing behavior could only come in gimp
2.10 (and only them we would have the feedback of lots o people just
as we are having now with 2.8) - this is what could be done now:

We document desired perceived behaviors for toggling visibility, I
write a couple of Python scripts to implement those - we test it
carefully (with input from the UI team), and the optimal settings for
those could be consolidated in gimp 2.10 .

  The major drawback being that these scripts can be called by a
one-key shortcut, but not assigned to be triggered by clicking/shift
clicking on the layers or eye-icons, or other UI parts. Once there are
clear and well defined preferred behaviors, they could be made into
the core bypassing this limitation.

So, we could use a wiki page somewhere for getting this started.
Like here:

http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Specs/Visibility

This is a good idea and I hope Richard and Peter agree, too.

Best regards,

grafxuser