Re: [Gimp-developer] Cross-application work-flows and document file formats

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Michael Grosberg wrote:

>> Even in a fully geglified non-destructive GIMP? It may today, but GIMP changes.
>>

> It depends on what features this version will have. Gimp will have to go far
> to attain the level of non-destructiveness Photoshop currently has. My bet
> is, whatever feature you can think of in terms of non-destructiveness,
> Photoshop already has it.

How cheeky would it be from me to encourage you to actually study what
GEGL is? :)

It's a goddamn graph compositing engine. (Sorry, I'm still under
impression from the Oatmeal's Tesla comic).

You can take a buffer, pass it thorugh a colorspace converter
(rgb2lab), pick a channel and plug it into a specific input of a GEGL
operation, then plug the output into another colorspace converter
(lab2rgb).

And you expect PSD to store the GEGL graph tree? Really?

No way Jose :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org