Re: [Gimp-developer] Cross-application work-flows and document file formats

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Michael Grosberg
<grosberg michael gmail com> wrote:
> Jon Nordby <jononor <at> gmail.com> writes:
> That reminds me - it would be great if the "save" feature also supported PSD
> (As opposed to export). I can think of only one showstopper: text layers,
> which are currently always converted to raster, and a further complication of
> how to preserve the text data on a text layer that has been modified using
> another tool.

This is defnetly a no-go. Save is exclusively for a format that can
save and load ALL gimp features. PSD is not a gimp format, it will
never be able to do that. Hence PSD will always be an export. One that
supports as much as possible of the PS feature set, sure, but still an
export. And gimp already natively supports importing/exporting
PSD-s...

--
--Alexia