Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp 2.8.0 - Saving in .jpg or .png hmmmmm

Another terminology suggestion:

Save image: jpeg, png, tiff, gif, whatever, with default chosen either
reasonably (match what the user fed to GIMP, or the last one used) or
somewhat safely (not JPEG unless specified).

Save work: xcf

Save project (or, possibly, workspace): multiple xcfs if there is more
than one, window configuration, exposed tools with settings, the whole
enchilada. Like putting GIMP to sleep. Also, GIMP probably should do
this automatically in the background, to help project recovery.

There is no need for separate terminology when opening something,
because GIMP can automatically figure out what kind of object it is
and act accordingly. So, it's "Open this".

P.S. Thank you gg.

P.S. I know I'm not a UX expert by any means. NNTR