Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Simon Budig <simon budig de> wrote:
> Aleksey Midenkov (midenok gmail com) wrote:
>> [...] my personal experience. And I know about [...]
>> I note [...] my personal experience [...]
>
> You don't seem to understand that your specific experiences don't help
> us at all in designing good user interfaces. It is vital that we do not
> care too much about individual data points, we need to come up with
> something that helps our target user group. And a careful evaluation
> from a usability expert is way more founded than some rants from an
> individual user.
>
> Our resident usability expert convincingly made the argument about
> vertical space being important ages ago. You won't convince us with
> insulting and rude mails to ignore this advice.

I'm not rude and not insulting anyone. Just answered to that post
which actually is what it is. You can't name it insulting because that
post was not yours and you barely read it.

I've already said about that argument of your expert and will repeat
it again if you maybe missed it. There is no concern about saving
vertical space with toolbars because they may be turned off or
vertically aligned. You and your experts should know about that.