Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:07:51 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>> To Martin: even Save and Save as on toolbar saves one click. Not
>> saying about such repitive operations as Rotate, Resize, Auto levels
>> etc. Now trivial photo treatment is done with the whole lot of clicks!
>> I'm pretty sure their count can be reduced thrice with toolbars.

Generally, you're not doing those things more than once per image (well,
when downscaling a large image by a lot -- say, reducing a 100 megapixel
panorama to a web-size thumbnail -- I do it in multiple passes of no
more than 50% each, which seems to reduce jaggies and moire patterns).

> 1. We are aiming at professionals who tend to rely on shortcuts.
> 2. We take a great care providing as much vertical space for actual
> images as possible.

With the increasing prevalence of 16:10 and even worse 16:9 screens,
that's absolutely essential.  Even with my 1920x1200 screen, vertical
space is at more of a premium than horizontal.  With a contemporary
1920x1080 or worse, the problem would be far more severe.

Now, I'm honestly a lot more concerned with high bit depth for editing
those big exposure fused panoramas :-)
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

--Eric Crampton