Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

* Aleksey Midenkov <midenok gmail com> [02-16-12 10:55]:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
> <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
>
> > We consider it crucial to satisfy the needs of advanced users in the
> > first place. That involves studying their workflows (which we did in
> > 2006 and then again in late 2011), working out strategies for further
> > development, writing functional specs and, finally, writing the actual
> > code. All of that is a huge amount of work, but we do it anyway.
>
> Looks like you trying to build a bulldozer forgetting than much more
> people just need a good car.

Ah, you have located the "nail", but not the hammer.

gimp is not a *general-painting-drawByNumbers* app but a *specialty* app
for *specific* group of users, and *you* are trying to direct the project
to a different group of users.

But, not a bulldozer; a finely tuned F1 for closed road courses rather
than the "open road".

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member