Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>> I think UI is horrible.
>>
>> 1. No toolbars;
>> 2. Toolbox is out of image window;
>>
>> People, what are you thinking about?!
>
> Mostly we were wondering where the hell you've been all our lives with
> your insightful observations. Not a day without a thought "I wish
> Aleksey Midenkov came to enlighten us" :)
>
> So thank you :)

So you are welcome!

> Simply put, we know that GIMP's UI still sucks in many respects. We've
> been improving it since several years

That's what I'm asking about. What are you thinking all these years?
I'm using Gimp for years and ever wonder when the toolbars will go on
the scene and why there are such crippled interface like toolbox going
to background. Yes, I know that you know. And I know that I'm not the
first one who writes about that. But along all these years when no one
from Gimp creators scratched their head to get it more convenient
everyone must ask that question. Over and over. And you should answer
it every time, you deserve it. Spare your sarcasm.

To Martin: even 'Save' and 'Save as' on toolbar saves one click. Not
saying about such repitive operations as Rotate, Resize, Auto levels
etc. Now trivial photo treatment is done with the whole lot of clicks!
I'm pretty sure their count can be reduced thrice with toolbars.

Look, guys, I don't want you to treat this as offense. Maybe you just
have missed something important?