Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

>> We consider it crucial to satisfy the needs of advanced users in the
>> first place. That involves studying their workflows (which we did in
>> 2006 and then again in late 2011), working out strategies for further
>> development, writing functional specs and, finally, writing the actual
>> code. All of that is a huge amount of work, but we do it anyway.
>
> Looks like you trying to build a bulldozer forgetting than much more
> people just need a good car.

Designing interactions and interfaces is more than just throwing an
occasional toolbar to UI and thinking your job ends there.

I'm sorry to hear that you are against relying on strategies for
designing consistent UIs, but we won't go for an amoeba as a common
denominator, and the matter ends there.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org