Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

Hi Malix

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 09:24:37AM +0200, Malix wrote:
> After my first post Alexandre ask to post a patch. From now I will have 2
> weeks of vacation. So I will try to make it happen. As project kde did I
> will use am2cmake ruby script for automatic translation and the fix things
> by hand.
> If someone else is interested let me know.

Please don't waste time on this. If you want to contribute, there are
many other things that you could do for GIMP that are more essential.
I don't think any of the developers will be interested in a CMake
patch.  It will go unused.

For a project as large as GIMP, use of any build system will be
complicated.  You will see similar complexity in an equivalent CMake
config too.  We already have a system that works well and has evolved
to where it is today.  There are more useful things to do.

		Mukund