Re: [gedit-list] GEdit 2.30 Auto Indentation Behaviour Change?

Stephen Moore a écrit le 2010-04-06 09:37 :
> How about only removing the trailing whitespace if the line has
> non-whitespace in it as well ??
>
> So lines with only whitespace aren't touched.....

It would not suit all cases. For example, with Markdown syntax, two
trailing spaces mean an HTML break (<br />).

Jesse van den Kieboom a écrit le 2010-04-06 06:19 :
> Trailing whitespaces are nothing but evil.

I don't think that we can say that. It's just a matter of context.

So I think that the best solution would be to be able to configure the
behavior with trailing spaces in gedit preferences or gconf-editor
according to our needs.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe