Re: [gedit-list] GEdit 2.30 Auto Indentation Behaviour Change?

spir ☣ wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
> DerekVeit <dv8box-nabble yahoo com> wrote:
>

>> When someone wants the editor to automatically get rid of extra spaces on
>> whatever line they've just entered, that's a nice feature.  But if they
>> wanted the spaces and the editor assumes otherwise and erases them, then
>> they're going to feel like they're fighting the editor when they have to put
>> them back.  So I think that should be a feature that can be easily disabled.
>>

> When I have one blank line (as visual separator) inside an indented region, I want it to be indented as well.
> More generally, I cannot stand editors that remove or otherwise transform whitespace silently. I know what I do/want. The human/user is the master, not the machine! ;-)

Trailing whitespaces are nothing but evil. However, due to popular
demand, we'll be reverting the behavior in gtksourceview (as soon as we
confirm with nacho). We don't feel it's worth putting a preference for
in the dialog, and I can also be implemented as a plugin very easily.