Re: [gedit-list] GEdit 2.30 Auto Indentation Behaviour Change?

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
DerekVeit <dv8box-nabble yahoo com> wrote:

> When someone wants the editor to automatically get rid of extra spaces on
> whatever line they've just entered, that's a nice feature.  But if they
> wanted the spaces and the editor assumes otherwise and erases them, then
> they're going to feel like they're fighting the editor when they have to put
> them back.  So I think that should be a feature that can be easily disabled.

When I have one blank line (as visual separator) inside an indented region, I want it to be indented as well.
More generally, I cannot stand editors that remove or otherwise transform whitespace silently. I know what I do/want. The human/user is the master, not the machine! ;-)

Denis

vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com