Re: [gDesklets] Getting 0.36.3 out there...

Hi there,

> Will do, probably tomorrow.  Do you want it up on the launchpad download
> section as well?

Hmmm... not sure about it.
So far we have announced final releases only on launchpad. But why not ?

> Okay.  I went and removed all the "[new in 0.xx.x]" tags a while back, but I'm
> not sure that was a good idea.  It makes it hard for desklet devs to put a
> minimum version in the dependency section of the <meta> tag.  If you think we
> should revert those changes, I'd be okay with it.  An alternative would be a
> new page in the book listing major changes (i.e. new tags, new syntax) for
> this purpose.  What do you think?

Well, I think we should have a way to provide and keep this information,
as it is - just as you said - hard for desklet devs to determine the
minimum version needed.
All the eye-catching "[new in 0.xx.x]" should only be for the *really*
new things in the updated version of the develbook
But maybe we can provide an additional column in the descriptions
providing this information ? At least it should be provided somewhere in
the develbook.

It might be a nice task for someone to write a script (or program)
parsing the display file to determine the minimum version of gDesklets
needed... :).

Greetings, Bjoern