Re: [gDesklets] Getting 0.36.3 out there...

Hi again,

> Ah, okay.  'dist' and 'nobase' (and 'nodist') are special prefixes, so they
> have to come first in the variable name.  By the way, 'nobase' means "don't
> remove the path information specified for each file.  Do you usually check
> out the basic desklets into the root directory of the gdesklets source tree?
>  If so, I'd suggest renaming it to 'nobase_dist_basicdesklets_DATA' and
> define 'basicdeskletsdir = ${installdir}' in

OK, so this is working fine right now ;). Thanks!

> And I'm not sure why 'make dist-bzip2' doesn't work.  I tried to set it up
> to make a bz2 by default, but it looks like 'make dist' will only create a
> gz.  Will that work for now?  I'll look into it further.

Still stuck here,
But I found the reason for it ;).

In "" you can find the following files in "EXTRA_DIST":


(just as you can find here:
But none of these files exist!

So I guess these files would/should be generated when "make" is called,
but they don't. A simple "make" doesn't depend on these files, but any
"make dist[-*]" does and so the "make dist-bzip2" exits with an error:

(make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »«,
  benötigt von »distdir«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.)

Sorry for the non-English messages, basically it says that it cannot
find "".

So now again a dirty, fast and ugly fix ;) :

echo "" >
echo "" >
echo "" >

and I can run "make dist-bzip2" without any error!

Well ... BUT ... of course ... there's something new ... ;).

Extracting the tarball, running "./" and "./configure" runs
fine, but a simple "make" shows the following error (sorry again for
non-English output ):

make[2]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »doc/man/gdesklets.1«,
benötigt von »all-am«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.

OK, tracking this one down...:

in the Makefile in "all-am" we are looking for "$(MANS)" (line 1685)
which is "$(man_MANS)" (line 152: MANS = $(man_MANS) ) which again is:
(line 411) man_MANS = doc/man/gdesklets.1 .
But there is no man dir in the doc dir (only the "basic" dir can be
found in "doc" in the tarball)...

So.... basically I am getting closer, but it seems to be a never-ending
story ;).

Anyway: it would be nice to figure out the issue with the missing
intltool-*.in files to get rid of the dirty hacks ;).

I will dig deeper into why there is no file in the tarball.

Just a brief info about the current status here.

Greeting, Bjoern

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]