Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:56:12AM -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >Basically the problem is getting the DPI setting all screwed - there's
> >a gconf key for font DPI and an X server setting for it and also an
> >xrdb database entry - I'm not sure how it all works. Report the bug
> >vs. control-center/gnome-settings-daemon probably.
>
> If a setting was screwed up you should expect the problem to be
> consistent rather than  `sometimes'.

Well, i was thinking that gconfd might be messed up only on one
machine.  That's why i was asking about forcing it to run on
a particular machine.  Doesn't gconfd start on whichever machine
requests it first?

On the other hand, i've never seen to problem on other machines
(wherever gconfd is running).  So it does sound like a DPI problem.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org