Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

Havoc Pennington wrote:

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:17:57PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

Hrm, well i have three machines which i recently upgraded to gnome 2.2
from debian unstable.  Two of the machines work fine.  On one of the
machines, the desktop *sometimes* comes up with font size = 0.01 points.

That's probably not gconf-related, or at least not gconf-related
beyond "some app set the wrong thing in gconf" - it's most likely some
gnome-settings-daemon or Xft or gtk bug. I've seen it before but can't
think of good stuff to try offhand.

Basically the problem is getting the DPI setting all screwed - there's
a gconf key for font DPI and an X server setting for it and also an
xrdb database entry - I'm not sure how it all works. Report the bug
vs. control-center/gnome-settings-daemon probably.

If a setting was screwed up you should expect the problem to be consistent rather than `sometimes'.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow