Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:17:57PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:22:51AM -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> > Hi I am not sure which problem you are trying to address. We are running
> > gconf on a network of about 50 machines with NFS mounted home
> > directories and things essentially work out of the box. Gconf stores
> >
> > I would love to help but have to understand the problem you are having.
>
> Hrm, well i have three machines which i recently upgraded to gnome 2.2
> from debian unstable.  Two of the machines work fine.  On one of the
> machines, the desktop *sometimes* comes up with font size = 0.01 points.
>
> /home is NFS mounted.  i'm using the gconf default config, so far.
> i suppose the versions software installed on each of my machines are
> slightly different.
>
> How do i diagnose & solve this problem?

That's probably not gconf-related, or at least not gconf-related
beyond "some app set the wrong thing in gconf" - it's most likely some
gnome-settings-daemon or Xft or gtk bug. I've seen it before but can't
think of good stuff to try offhand.

Basically the problem is getting the DPI setting all screwed - there's
a gconf key for font DPI and an X server setting for it and also an
xrdb database entry - I'm not sure how it all works. Report the bug
vs. control-center/gnome-settings-daemon probably.