A newbie question...

Hi gconf-list!

I am trying to compile myself a whole Gnome1 and Gnome2 (new 2.2), and everything is alright, but when GConf compilation became, I had this error (I suppose this question is very clear here):

checking for db_env_create in -ldb-3.3... yes
checking for db3/db.h... no
configure: error: db3 library found but db3/db.h not found

I have db 1.3.17 version recently installed (first I chose /usr/local/db3 path, but now is on /opt/local/gnome1, the
new gnome1 prefix), as read in new "dispatch" of "GIG"
(Gnome Installation Guide). The version shipped with my distro
(SuSE 8.1), but GConf is persistently acclaiming that (even with the configure option "--with db3=/usr/local/db3") db3 headers do not exist!

After this, I added new CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS options,
expanded my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it's still the same :-(

Please, what can I do to get this software to job?

Thank you in advance,
Alejandro Ortega.

P.S.: Excuse, if possible, my bad English... I hope you have understood my explanation!