Re: Some code updates to kenny tree

I've attached the Makefile and checksum files for updated versions of libxklavier, control-center and dasher

For control-center this is needed to be able to compile on gcc-3.4.0 and libxklavier is needed by control-center. Dasher is updated to 3.2.10 but still can't be compiled on gcc-3.4.0

Cheers,

Stef

Nick Moffitt wrote:

begin  Stef van der Made  quotation:
Nick Moffitt wrote:
$ tla register-archive jdub perkypants org--projects http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/arch
$ tla get jdub perkypants org--projects/garnome--kenny--2.5.2
That was a usefull tutorial. 30 seconds and I was off compiling the garnome release.

	Happy to be of service.

	Arch has a bit of a PR problem regarding its interface.  A lot
of outdated docs are still up on the net from the days when it was
just a bunch of shell glue around Tom Lord's hackerlabs libraries.
Many steps that people moaned about in the arch and larch days are no
longer necessary in these days of tla.
	As a matter of fact, you can actually shorten that first line
up there to just "tla register-archive http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/arch"; and tla will figure out the archive name automatically. In addition,
modern versions of tla will grab the most recent version of a package,
so you can just "tla get jdub perkypants org--projects/garnome--kenny"
without needing the --2.5.2 if you just want to get the latest
revision of the latest version.

	Combine this with the fact that Tom's "Tutorial" is really
more of a reference for advanced developers, and you end up with
the perception that arch is really obscure and difficult.  I highly
recommend that you look at the Wiki at http://wiki.gnuarch.org before
using the official documentation.

	Also, people are writing wrappers around tla to provide more
features at a higher level than that at which tla operates.  Check out
aba for more:

$ tla register-archive http://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/jblack inframix com--2004/
$ tla get jblack inframix com--2004/tlacontrib--devo

$ mkdir -p ~/.arch-params/signing
$ echo '/usr/bin/tla-gpg-check gpg_command="gpg --keyserver pgp.dtype.org --keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve --verify-files -"' > ~/.arch-params/signing/\=default.check
btw tla signatures won't work because I can't compile gnupg stable branch on slackware only the development realease seems to work.

	Well, I'm using gnupg 1.2 for this.  The big trick is to
figure out where gpg-check.awk is installed on your system.  I used
/usr/bin/tla-gpg-check in the above example because that's where the
Debian tla package installs it.  You may need to copy the awk script
to /usr/local/bin and adjust the =default.check file to match.  It's
part of the official tla source distribution.

	Anyway, this is an optional feature that wasn't even
*possible* with CVS (except in the sense that everything was
scriptable if you enforced a lot of horrible constraints on users and
servers everywhere).

	I just moved the LNX-BBC (the original project for which I
wrote GAR) from CVS over to arch, and wrote up a tutorial for LNX-BBC
developers. It's up at:

http://lnx-bbc.org/arch.html
Check it out if you're curious as to what developers typically need to
do to setup.  It's a few extra steps, but it never reaches 13.  It's
also got a handy bibliography at the front listing the best bits of
the arch wiki.

GARNAME = libxklavier
GARVERSION = 1.02
CATEGORIES = desktop
DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tar.gz

MASTER_SITES = http://dl.sourceforge.net/gswitchit/

LIBDEPS = platform/libxml2

DESCRIPTION = libxklavier
define BLURB
 #FIXME: blurb goes here
endef

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/configure
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS)

include ../category.mk
fba323a69bc904e9889df7fb5491ea55  download/libxklavier-1.02.tar.gz
GARNAME = dasher
GARVERSION = 3.2.10
CATEGORIES = desktop
DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tar.bz2

LIBDEPS = platform/libbonoboui desktop/gnome-speech platform/at-spi

DESCRIPTION = dasher
define BLURB
 #FIXME: blurb goes here
endef

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/configure
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS) --with-gnome --with-speech --with-a11y

include ../category.mk
6543491750ab57dd83c2cb44ef690f49  download/dasher-3.2.10.tar.bz2
GARNAME = control-center
GARVERSION = 2.6.1
CATEGORIES = desktop
DISTFILES = $(GARNAME)-$(GARVERSION).tar.bz2

LIBDEPS = desktop/gnome-desktop desktop/metacity desktop/nautilus desktop/libxklavier

DESCRIPTION = control-center
define BLURB
 #FIXME: blurb goes here
endef

CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/configure
BUILD_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile
INSTALL_SCRIPTS = $(WORKSRC)/Makefile

CONFIGURE_ARGS = $(DIRPATHS)

include ../category.mk
da02f983fbf2e94cd5f09fc8f9d1d143  download/control-center-2.6.1.tar.bz2