Re: Searching for a Sudoku client to put into GNOME-games

> Since the goal (as I understand it) is to find out which games people
> are playing, the obvious question (to me) is "Which games do you
> play?"

This is, in fact, the exact, question I asked. I got 28 responses.
Again, I have to get home to get the results, but I don't think they
are as non-reflective as Andreas believes they are. Of course, as with
all stats, you have to take with a certain grain of salt.

Corey

All right, the stats, finally.

Here is the thread:

Voters: 28

aisleriot - 10
blackjack -
ataxx - 2
five or more - 1
four in a row - 1
nibbles - 1
robots - 3
gnometris - 7
mines - 7
tetravex -  2
tali - 2
iagno - 1
mahjongg - 11
same-gnome - 6

People who voted for none:
3

Additions (practical):
anagram game
chess (5 votes)
sudoku (5 votes)
frozen bubble
hearts
go (2 votes)
gweled

Suggestions:
-I really enjoy the aisleriot game, however I find its list of games
incredibly confusing. I don't know if it is just me, but I have no
idea what any of those games will be like. It wouldn't be such a big
deal if there weren't so many of them. Suppose I want to play the
standard solataire card game, how am I supposed to know which one of
those it is. None of them have names I recognize. I usually just give
up before I find the game I'm looking for.
from http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1403595&postcount=5
-http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1404376&postcount=13
-better graphics for same gnome
-don't dump games, make a seperate package

Interesting other threads:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=198539&highlight=games+future+ubuntu
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=197003

----

What do we get out of these? Well, lots of people asked for the common
things (sudoku, chess, go). The results must be taken with a grain of
salt, at least the numbers, but I think some of the feedback is good.
However, I think the trend in the numbers can be trusted. As I am not
a coder, I leave it up to those with commit access to do the actual
work.

Yours,

Corey