Re: [Aisleriot] French translation of the rules

Le mardi 20 décembre 2005 à 11:50 +0000, Alan Horkan a écrit :
> > Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:13:45 +1300
> > From: Callum McKenzie <callum spooky-possum org>
> > To: heretik tuxfamily org
> > Cc: games-list gnome org
> > Subject: Re: [Aisleriot] French translation of the rules

> > > Should i remove score and strategy sections from the help then ?
>
> > Either remove them or add a short word stating that the section should
> > be empty. In english "none" would be appropriate.
>
> I strongly dislike having Help sections just to tell you there is no help.
> Think of an angry frustrated user who as a last resort finally looks up
> the manual, and maybe you can empathise how it would be more annoying to
> find something unhelpful than to find nothing at all. (It doesn't help
> that Yelp is the most painfully slow application on my poor old home
> machine.)
>
> I would prefer if you didn't do the latter (I while back while updating
> the doc's I commented out a few "None" sections) but as maintainer it is
> of course up to Callum what he is willing to accept.

I think it would be better too.

I already removed all the options sections for the games which have no
option in french files as Callum agreed for it. Bu the way, these
sections still exist in english files but i could remove them too if you
want.

--
Heretik <heretik tuxfamily org>