Re: Minutes of the Board Meeting of March 11th, 2014

Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
Right, we will not be the ones holding the data, and distros will need
to sign up to the privacy policy [...]

This has not been decided yet and one of the options that is being
considered is that the Foundation will not be agreeing to anything
with the distributions. It is important to bear in mind that not all
distributions are legal entities and that it is not practical for the
Foundation to audit how the data is treated.

By "sign up" I simply meant that a distro can choose to adopt our
suggested privacy policy (or perhaps just a set of recommendations). I
didn't meant to suggest that we should be entering into agreements or
carrying out audits.

Allan