Re: Minutes of the Board Meeting of March 11th, 2014

On 25 March 2014 13:09, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
I would like to point out that the GNOME Foundation does not collect
any data and does not plan to do so in the future. The data in
question is potentially collected by individual distributions at their
own discretion.

Right, we will not be the ones holding the data, and distros will need
to sign up to the privacy policy [...]

This has not been decided yet and one of the options that is being
considered is that the Foundation will not be agreeing to anything
with the distributions. It is important to bear in mind that not all
distributions are legal entities and that it is not practical for the
Foundation to audit how the data is treated.