Re: internal engagement

hi Germán;

On 4 March 2014 19:24, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:

Just an example after reading the minutes recently sent:

= Minutes for Tuesday, December 10th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =
[...]
   * We should also ask on foundation-list for ideas
   * '''ACTION''': ... to reach out to foundation-list for ideas
from the foundation members regarding the privacy campaign funds

= Minutes for Tuesday, January 21th, 2013, 15:00 UTC =
[...]
  * Status and plan for the security and privacy campaign's money
   * ... asked around generally for ideas
   * Not much feedback

I don't see in the archives (December 2013-March 2014) a mail to
foundation-list asking for ideas for the privacy campaign (please,
correct me if I am wrong). So, it should not be strange that there was
"Not much feedback".

that's my mistake in the minutes: the "asked around" was referring to
the wiki page (https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/PrivacyCampaign2013)
we set up after the announcement of the privacy campaign results at
GUADEC, as well as informal polling of maintainers and contributors of
security-related projects; for instance, Andreas reached out to Stef
Walters about potential ideas, but that happened only recently. to be
fair, I think asking for concrete proposals on foundation-list would
be a terrible mistake: desktop-devel would probably be more effective
— in fact, the first proposal of the privacy campaign, which included
potential work areas, was sent to desktop-devel:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2012-December/msg00077.html

How is that none of the directors noticed this to fix it?

I was honestly convinced that Karen did send an email (I do remember
the discussions at various meetings quite vividly), but it's probably
the result of me discussing this stuff off and on in various venues
(IRC, email, social networks) that I may just have been confused. I
apologise for that.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--