Re: GUADEC 2010 Talks

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014, at 10:55 PM, meg ford wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Hubert Figuière <hub figuiere net> wrote:
Hub

[1] While youtube has its own set of privacy concern, youtube offer one
of the very few reliable video solution that doesn't involve installing
patent encumbered codecs and/or non-Free Flash.[2]
The Chicago GNU/Linux User Group (which Jim Campbell and I co-organize) has a grant from Rackspace. If you are interested, I can ask our members what they think about hosting the videos. You could set up a MediaGoblin [1] instance.

Cheers,
Meg
[1] http://mediagoblin.org/

Thanks for mentioning this, Meg. I hope the GNOME infrastructure team will keep us in mind as needs arise. Our grant from Rackspace is quite generous, and we aren't near using our capacity.

With regards to MediaGoblin, it's actually the software that is used to host all of the videos from the LibrePlanet conferences [0].

Jim

[0] https://media.libreplanet.org/