Re: Mission Statement

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 10:16 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
No one said that in as many words, no. But when it is essentially being
said that (1) it is able to operate at this time due to support from
GNOME that GNOME cannot afford AND (2) it should be split off from
GNOME, then the end result is splitting something off that cannot
operate on its own. This is equivalent to killing it unless I am missing
something.

(3) GNOME isn't particularly good at being a fiscal sponsor. Other
organizations that are better at it might actually make OPW more
successful.

[I don't mean this to put down the hard work of Rosanna or the board
members or any of our past directors. It's just not something we're set
up to do well.]

--
Shaun