Re: Mission Statement

On 7 August 2014 15:02, Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org> wrote:

On 08/07/2014 09:50 AM, Pascal Terjan wrote:

The discussion is not about the absence of OPW, but about not
providing the service of managing OPW for other organisations.
I haven't seen anyone saying GNOME shouldn'tparticipate in OPW.

Let me try to explain this another way...

A couple of years ago my neighbor's house went on fire. As a result of the
fire, the copper pipes providing water to my house melted. My house had no
running water.

Some other neighbors ended up running a hose into our house to provide us
with water from their home for 3 months while various city departments and
lawyers pointed fingers the other way to fix the pipes.

My neighbors did not have to provide us water. But they knew if they took
the water away before we were able to address the various issues involved in
fixing the pipe, we would be without running water. It was not their
problem, but if they did not help in this way, they would have been leaving
a pregnant woman (me) without running water.

Hope that further illustrates the point.

I doesn't help. Do you think that because they could help this should
be the permanent solution and there is no need to find a better one?
Are you still using their hose?

No one said we should drop it and ask that someone takes it over.
It should be discussed with other participants and when a better
solution is found it can be transitioned.