Re: Mission Statement

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Jim Nelson <jim yorba org> wrote:
... except that all four of those projects correspond almost exactly to the first sentence of the GNOME mission statement that Ryan quoted: "to create a computing platform for use by the general public that is completely free software."

I think OPW is a fantastic program and, from what I've seen, it's netted GNOME a good deal of positive publicity and goodwill, on top of the fact that it's addressing one of the more glaring problems in the software industry today.

That said, studying the mission statement and considering Ryan's concerns, I think he's raising some valid questions.

Women do represent a pretty significant portion of the general public, no? I think for men by men probably doesn't meet the "general public" qualifier there.

~m