Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

Hi.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 09:03:34AM -0500, Emily Gonyer wrote:
And, once again, I have to ask, how much different does it have/need
to be?
I don't think any designer would want my advice as to how to make a logo.
But I am very confident that minor modifications such as using the Ubuntu circle
instead of a plain filled circle would make all of us happy.

It is slightly different already, in Ubuntu's normal scheme for
spinoffs - if you look at Xubuntu's logo its a solid circle with the
XFCE mouse inside in relief
I claim false facts.
The XFCE logo seems to be this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Xfce_logo.png
A full bodied, potentially running mouse in front of an X.
The Xubuntu logo seems to be that one:
http://xubuntu.org/wp-content/themes/xubuntu-theme/xubuntu-wp/images/xubuntu-logo.png
It's a (probably the XFCE) mouse's head in a filled circle.
So the logos differ.

Kubuntu's is a solid circle with KDE's logo inside.
The KDE logo <http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Guidelines/CIG/KDE_Logo> is a
K gear.
The Kubuntu logo <http://www.kubuntu.org/themes/kubuntu10.04/logo.png>
has a split gear-wheel only. The K is missing.
Thus, the logos differ.

Cheers,
  Tobi