Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
On 11/21/2013 05:03 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
I had no idea there was even an engagement list. Was it announced on
this list?

Why was a redirect put in place? It comes off as very aggressive.

Why not have a placeholder page that has a link to the new page, so that
the history is still accessible? I have no clue how you dug up that
cloud.gnome.org link, how does one look something like that up? How
would a layman researching GNOME's brand history come across that?
Certainly not through Google, I tried!

And what of the OPW intern's work?

Yu's work was completed, and that was a good internship, but I haven't made too much use of the guidelines in the materials I've created of late. I think she did some work herself for GNOME Asia based upon it though.
I kind of sucked as a mentor in that round and was unable to properly push her in the visual direction that I felt fitted with the rest of our work and then I kind of ended up not using that too much...
:/

I use Yu's slide templates in talks pretty often. They have a different feel from our standard materials, but I use them anyway :) Especially for presentations related to outreach, since they match the theme used in the cartoon and poster materials.

Meg

- Andreas