Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

On 11/21/2013 05:04 AM, Allan Day wrote:
Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
 - "Always ensure that the logo is black or white, depending on the
    background color (other colors are not permitted)"
    => we fail at this, as we produced relatively recently stickers with
       a yellow foot, and I'm pretty sure there are still many cases
       where this is ignored

I think it depends on the context of use, but black and white are most
familiar and work in the majority of cases. It's pretty hard to have
guidelines for more creative uses of the logo, so this was just meant
to cover the common cases. Maybe we could have a statement that says
"please check with us if you want to use the logo in a way that
doesn't follow the guidelines"?

I see the brand book I put together with Jeff Waugh way back when (where
that vertical version of the logo came from, and the existing logotype)
has been unceremoniously deleted or somehow obscured from being able to
be viewed on the wiki now. Any time I hit a search term that seems to
point to it, I get a redirect to this new logo and trademarks page.

If I *could* access it, I would point out that the original brand book
where the current logos came from did actually have guidelines to cover
more creative use cases including a specific color palette that was
authorized.

I believe an OPW intern expanded upon this in a brand book project as
well, and that work is also pretty much impossible to retrieve from the
wiki now.

~m