Re: Proposal: DNS change irc.gnome.org becomes A record and irc.gimpnet.org starts getting phased out.

On Fr, 2013-05-10 at 11:55 -0400, Karen Sandler wrote:
I've come
across the negative reaction more than once in the past when telling
people to join us "on GIMPNet"

One time on #gnome on freenode somebody was asking a11y specific
questions for his quadriplegic friend and I redirected him to "#a11y on
irc.gnome.org". When he saw that the networks name was "GIMPNet" he got
really furious and accused me of tricking him to connect to something
called "GIMPNet" just to make fun of him and his friend.
So in the case of a11y the network name is really really unfortunate and
given GNOME's a11y efforts it should be reason enough to change the
network name.