Re: A few observations about GIMPNET

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 08:03 -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

> * determine who "owns" this network
> * verify if it is really unmaintained
> * if it really is unmaintained, offer to become a maintainer
> * improve it with the specified features

Gimpnet is very old.  It predates Freenode!

As far as I remember, Manish Singh (yosh on IRC) and Zach Beane (xach)
used to admin the network.  I don't know if they still do that, and I
don't know their current emails.

Anders Carlsson may know something - wasn't Gimpnet basically a server
in Berkeley's XCF facility and another one in Sweden?

Apologies if some or all of the above is incorrect - this is really,
really old infrastructure (think 1995, pre-GIMP 1.0).

  Federico