Re: A few observations about GIMPNET

2012/10/15 Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>:

> No, that's the point you don't seem to get.
>
> We are an assembly of projects, the gnome foundation is an umbrella
> which is there to support us, defend our copyrights and branding
> if and where possible (if not I suppose we go to the FSF), particularly
> the board is organizing our events and helping us to raise funds for
> those events and some programs which we agree as a foundation
> are to our benefit (i.e. gsoc, wop, etc).
>
> This is not a hierarchical system or a corporation, sure, it would be nice
> for me to get off my lazy behind and migrate the Glade mailing lists off
> of ximian and bring them to gnome MLs, I agree about that, but it is
> not a decision that comes from high above and orders me to do so.
>
> For the most part, we are all contributors. If you think you can impose
> these kinds of decisions on contributors, we will simply lose contributors.

I'm not trying to impose anything, I'm just trying to improve how
things work on the IRC side by discussing a possible change with the
community, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing has been decided at all
and if someone raises a concern the community should discuss and try
to find a solution or a deal, that's how things work. No one is here
to impose anything but just to improve how things work.

cheers,

Andrea