Re: GNOME now

> Your TV allows that:
> http://prolost.com/blog/2011/3/28/your-new-tv-ruins-movies.html
>
> I don't think we want to compare GNOME to TVs with awful UIs.

There is nothing awful about the TV UI.  Look at the facts. The problem
with TV settings is the same as the benchmarketing game in computing - it
has bugger all to do with the UI.

The picture defaults are purposefully crap in order to sell televisions.
The UI is fine.

In the Gnome case the defaults are purposefully set by people with the
intention that they are a *good* choice but limited by the fact you've
got to pick some consistent uniform default. It's just that the UI for
twiddling them is broken.

Alan